PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USING ANY OF OUR PRODUCT AND SERVICE: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between (a) you (either an individual or a single entity) and (b) Ratelsoft Nigeria Limited ("Ratelsoft") that governs your use of any Software Product, installed on your computer device and made available by Ratelsoft which will henceforth be referred to as “Ratelsoft Product” or “The Ratelsoft Product”. Other software provided by third parties and used with The Ratelsoft Product may be subject to a separate EULA. The term "Software Product" means computer software and may include associated media, printed materials and "online" or electronic documentation. An amendment or addendum to this EULA may accompany The Ratelsoft Product.
BY CLICKING "I AGREE", BREAKING THE SEAL ON THE RATELSOFT PRODUCT, REMOVING THE STICKER OR OTHER EULA NOTIFIER FROM THE RATELSOFT PRODUCT OR OTHERWISE TAKING ANY STEP TO INSTALL OR USE THE RATELSOFT PRODUCT, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA. YOU ALSO ACCEPT THIS EULA IF YOU KEEP THE RATELSOFT PRODUCT FOR 30 DAYS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE LICENSE TERMS, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO RETURN THE ENTIRE UNUSED RATELSOFT PRODUCT (HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE) TO YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE WITHIN 30 DAYS FOR A FULL REFUND SUBJECT TO THE REFUND POLICY OF YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE.
RATELSOFT grants you the following non-exclusive rights provided you agree to and comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
a.) Use. You may use the Software Product only as integrated with the RATELSOFT Product and only on a single computer at one time ("Your Computer"). You may not separate component parts of the Software Product from the RATELSOFT Product. You do not have the right to distribute the Software Product. You may load the Software Product into Your Computer's temporary memory (RAM) for purposes of using the RATELSOFT Product.
b.) Storage. The Software Product may only be stored or copied into the RATELSOFT Product and may not be separated from the RATELSOFT Product.
c)Reservation of Rights. The Software Product is licensed, not sold, to you by RATELSOFT. RATELSOFT and its suppliers own all right, title and interest in and to the Software Product and reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA. You agree to refrain from any action that would diminish such rights or would call them into question.
c.) Freeware. Notwithstanding the terms and conditions of this EULA, all or any portion of the Software Product which constitutes non-proprietary RATELSOFT software or software provided under public license by third parties ("Freeware"), is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the software license agreement accompanying such Freeware whether in the form of a discrete agreement, shrink wrap license or electronic license terms accepted at time of download. Use of the Freeware by you shall be governed entirely by the terms and conditions of such license.
To use a Software Product identified as an upgrade, you must first be licensed for the original Software Product identified by RATELSOFT as eligible for the upgrade. After upgrading, you may no longer use the original Software Product that formed the basis for your upgrade eligibility.
3. ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE.
This EULA applies to updates or supplements to the original Software Product provided by RATELSOFT unless RATELSOFT provides other terms along with the update or supplement. In case of a conflict between such terms, the other terms will prevail.
a.) Third Party. The Software Product may only be transferred to another end user as part of a transfer of the RATELSOFT Product on which it is installed. Any transfer must include all component parts, media, printed materials and this EULA. The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the transferred product must agree to all the EULA terms. Upon transfer of the RATELSOFT Product, your license is automatically terminated.
b.) Restrictions. You may not rent, lease or lend the Software Product or use the Software Product for commercial timesharing or bureau use. You may not sublicense, assign or transfer the license or Software Product except as expressly provided in this EULA.
5. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
All intellectual property rights in the Software Product and user documentation are owned by RATELSOFT or its suppliers and are protected by law, including but not limited to Nigeria’s copyright, trade secret, and trademark law, as well as other applicable laws and international treaty provisions. The structure, organization and code of the Software Product are the valuable trade secrets and confidential information of RATELSOFT and its suppliers. You shall not remove any product identification, copyright notices or proprietary restrictions from the Software Product or RATELSOFT Product.
6. LIMITATION ON REVERSE
You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works of the Software Product, except and only to the extent that the right to do so is mandated under applicable law. Nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring any right, license or title to you other than those explicitly granted under this EULA. Unauthorized copying of the Software Product or failure to comply with the above restrictions will result in automatic termination of this Agreement and will constitute immediate, irreparable harm to RATELSOFT for which monetary damages would be an inadequate remedy, in which case injunctive relief will be an appropriate remedy for such breach.
This EULA is effective unless terminated or rejected. This EULA will also terminate upon conditions set forth elsewhere in this EULA or if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this EULA.
8. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that RATELSOFT and its affiliates or suppliers may collect and use technical information you provide in relation to support services related to the Software Product. RATELSOFT and its suppliers agree not to use this information in a form that personally identifies you except to the extent necessary to provide such services.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. You acknowledge that the RATELSOFT Product is for educational purposes only, and should not be used in any other form that will go against the terms stated in any other part of this EULA. The Software Product is offered on an "AS-IS" basis and RATELSOFT does NOT warrant that the functions contained in the Software Product will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software Product will be uninterrupted or error free. Computer software is inherently subject to bugs and potential incompatibility with other computer software and hardware. You should not use the Software Product for any applications in which failure could cause any significant damage or injury to persons or tangible or intangible property. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RATELSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND OF LACK OF VIRUSES ALL WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY RATELSOFT OR A RATELSOFT AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. Some states/jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on the duration of implied warranties, so the above disclaimer may not apply to you in its entirety. IN NO EVENT DOES RATELSOFT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE WITH WHICH THE RATELSOFT PRODUCT IS DESIGNED TO BE USED, AND RATELSOFT DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY FAILURES THEREOF.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur, the entire liability of RATELSOFT and any of its suppliers under any provision of this EULA and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by you for the RATELSOFT Product or N1000.00. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL RATELSOFT OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, FOR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA), EVEN IF RATELSOFT OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF THE REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.Some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
11. SOFTWARE REGISTRATION. During the RATELSOFT product licensing, a few basic information might be required from you. You will be asked to accept the “Ratelsoft terms and conditions”. If you accept, by leaving the checkbox checked or by selecting the checkbox that bears this statement, you agree that we reserve the right to keep such information and use it whenever we feel while your account is still active.
12. COMPLIANCE WITH EXPORT LAWS. You shall comply with all laws and regulations of Nigeria and other countries ("Export Laws") to ensure that the Software Product is not (1) exported, directly or indirectly, in violation of Export Laws, or (2) used for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, including, without limitation, nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons proliferation.
13. CAPACITY AND AUTHORITY TO CONTRACT. You represent that you are of the legal age of majority in your state, province jurisdiction of residence and, if applicable, you are duly authorized by your employer to enter into this contract.
14. APPLICABLE LAW. This EULA is governed by the laws of Rivers and Bayelsa States, exclusive of conflict of law provisions and you attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of Rivers or Bayelsa state with respect to any proceedings arising from this EULA. The parties hereby agree that this Agreement is not governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This EULA (including any addendum or amendment to this EULA which is included with the RATELSOFT Product) is the entire agreement between you and RATELSOFT relating to the Software Product and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the Software Product or any other subject matter covered by this EULA. To the extent the terms of any RATELSOFT policies or programs for support services conflict with the terms of this EULA, the terms of this EULA shall control. In the event of a conflict between the English and any non-English versions of this EULA, the English version shall govern. If any provision of this EULA is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision will be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provision of the EULA will remain in force and effect.
© 2013 Ratelsoft Nigeria Limited. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for RATELSOFT Products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. RATELSOFT shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
All rights reserved.